Gluten Free Zeppole
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup [url href=”http://glutenfreegold.com/product/2lbs-all-purpose-gluten-free-flour/”]Gluten Free Gold Flour[/url]
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Stir in the eggs, ricotta cheese and vanilla. Mix gently over low heat until combined. Batter will be sticky.
- Drop by tablespoons into the hot oil a few at a time. Zeppole will turn over by themselves. Fry until golden brown, about 3 or 4 minutes. Drain in a paper sack and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Serve warm.