Gluten Free Fried Calamari
Recipe Type: Appetizer
Serve with your favorite sauce, and lemons.
- 1 pound clean squid with tentacles, bodies cut into 1/3- to 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 2 cups [url href=”http://glutenfreegold.com/product/2lbs-all-purpose-gluten-free-flour/”]Gluten Free Gold Flour [/url]
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pour enough oil into a heavy large saucepan to reach the depth of 3 inches. Heat over medium heat to 350 degrees F. Mix the flour, parsley, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Working in small batches, toss the squid into the flour mixture to coat. Carefully add the squid to the oil and fry until crisp and very pale golden, about 1 minute per batch. Using tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer the fried calamari to a paper-towel lined plate to drain.