Penne with Thai-Infused Pesto
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings Prep Time: 2 minutes Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 1 lb. gluten free corn pasta, penne
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted, plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, pasted
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the basil, 3 tbsp. sesame seeds, soy sauce, garlic, lime juice and jalapenos.
- With the motor running, add 1/4 cup olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified.
- In a large bowl, immediately combine the hot pasta and pesto, allowing the flavors to soak.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with olive oil and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.